Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan 9: New Head


I went to the big bad city today to pick up a new pair of glasses and get my first haircut since the wedding. I was so relieved to get it short again, it had gotten too long and frumpy. I almost went super short out of frustration, but Lisa my fabulous hair stylist convinced me to go medium short, and I'm super happy with it. When I tell people I've moved to the far-out suburbs, they often assume I'll no longer come into the city. But I know I'll be in every two months for a trim - wouldn't trust my head to anyone else. 

I took advantage of being in town to swing by to see Katie, Dean, & Thea, my goddaughter. She's a year and a half, incredibly adorable and smart and so verbal. I continue to be honored to have a special place in her life - when she waves and yells "Hi Ninang!" or even just feels comfortable enough to climb into my lap and rest her head on my shoulder, it melts me. 

But, I forgot to take pictures while I was there, so you're stuck with this instead. Voila! My new head.

No comments:

Post a Comment