Happy Birthday, Mom! And Shashi... and Martin Luther King, Jr. I celebrated your existences tonight with diet-approved treats. Mint Chocolate Chip Tofutti Cutie and Jell-o Mousse Temptations, in chocolate and caramel. I have to say, I enjoyed the mousse more than the fake ice cream (which is still pretty delicious). This blog isn't supposed to be about product placement, but I urge anyone reading to go out and try the chocolate mousse -- only 60 calories and it is delicious and easily savored over a long period of time.
The thing about being on this "diet" is that after my first day of adjustment, it hasn't been that hard. For whatever reason, I naturally gravitate towards healthy and low calorie foods. Growing up, I never really understood sitcom dads being upset about rice cakes and celery - crunchy and delicious in my opinion! When we first got together, Stephen was appalled at the lack of butter and cheese in my daily diet. I like those things, but I am just as happy without them so why not skip it? But as I've posted before, sugar and sweets are my weakness. And mousse, so far, is the remedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment