
The house is getting closer and closer to looking like a normal house. It is ready for so many updates right now - poised and primed for action.
The top photo is the view from the kitchen into the dining room. The kitchen currently has no ceiling (because we took it down to lay the radiant floor heating for the bathroom above) and the wall here is primed to get a pocket door installed to control noise throughout the house. Looking into the dining room, you can see all of our stuff that is ready to get put away - as soon as we can find homes for it. This is nothing compared to the piles that we had a few weeks ago, but we still find ourselves digging into the mountain to find needed items on a daily basis.
And the bottom picture shows the wall of the dining room with the wallpaper primer on it. Yes, we decided to do wallpaper. Even after feeling tortured by wallpaper in the house I grew up in (I can't think of one wall that was painted in the entire 3 story house) - and swearing I'd never have wallpaper, we decided to go for it and do just the dining room for a bit of boldness. We chose this awesome dark blue wallpaper so the primer had to be blue to make sure the color all showed properly.
I thought the primer was really pretty - even though it would probably get old pretty quickly. I can't wait to post pictures of the finished room! (some day...)
The top photo is the view from the kitchen into the dining room. The kitchen currently has no ceiling (because we took it down to lay the radiant floor heating for the bathroom above) and the wall here is primed to get a pocket door installed to control noise throughout the house. Looking into the dining room, you can see all of our stuff that is ready to get put away - as soon as we can find homes for it. This is nothing compared to the piles that we had a few weeks ago, but we still find ourselves digging into the mountain to find needed items on a daily basis.
And the bottom picture shows the wall of the dining room with the wallpaper primer on it. Yes, we decided to do wallpaper. Even after feeling tortured by wallpaper in the house I grew up in (I can't think of one wall that was painted in the entire 3 story house) - and swearing I'd never have wallpaper, we decided to go for it and do just the dining room for a bit of boldness. We chose this awesome dark blue wallpaper so the primer had to be blue to make sure the color all showed properly.
I thought the primer was really pretty - even though it would probably get old pretty quickly. I can't wait to post pictures of the finished room! (some day...)

No comments:
Post a Comment