Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jan 27: Suko

We had our first official house visitor since we've been living in the new place. Suko, my friend from high school splits her time between a farm in Millerton, NY and Brooklyn. She stopped by on her way to the city, brought us adorable plants as a house warming gift, sufficiently oo-ed and ah-ed over our house, and then joined us out for a quick bite in town before she got on her way. 

Suko is an amazing cook. Especially with all of the amazing organic meats and veggies at her disposal, I always look forward to eating when she's hosting. She had suggested that she could roast a turkey leg and bring it for dinner - I said that we didn't really have the stuff to fill in the rest of the meal. Then she suggested she bring the salad as well - sweetly saying that she wants to bring us good food since we haven't had a homecooked meal in a while. But I had to put a stop to that as well, "I don't think I'm being clear. It's not that we just don't have ingredients, we don't have a kitchen: No ceiling or wall, construction dust everywhere. No pots, pans, plates, cups or utensils. And no place to sit and eat." I felt bad turning her down - not only because it was so thoughtful of her to want to bring us food, but also because I just love her cooking so much. So we'll have to have a rain check because hopefully she'll be stopping by often.

No comments:

Post a Comment