Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan 17: Hi Maintenance



This weekend was suburban weekend extraordinaire. House-prepping, wall-paper picking, lighting selecting, movie (Up in the Air) watching, nature-walking, book reading 
(The Hour I First Believed, by Wally Lamb - a good read, except for the occasional stumble where the author tries too hard or not hard enough), clothes shopping, manicure-enjoying, and tasty food eating.

I have 4 business meetings this week (not including internal or conference call) - a record since starting at Fleet. And not only is our stuff still in tarped boxes, but most of my business clothes blew up in a dry cleaner explosion last spring. I happened to pick a good day for shopping without even realizing it - sales sales sales! I got a lot more than I expected. I also went by the house to dig out some shoes and jewelry. I have been living off of one week's worth of clothes (out of a suitcase) for 3 weeks now, so it felt wonderful to come home laden with new (and rediscovered) packages. 

And to top of the weekend's luxurious calm, I treated myself to a manicure. The color I chose? "Hi Maintenance" Which, if you judged me by just this weekend, you might think was aptly named. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment