Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb 9: Dish Tetris

The first pic I took today that I thought I would post was of my dinner. The first meal I actually cooked in our kitchen that required more than heating up. Not that it was elaborate, as the kitchen is still mostly a construction zone, but I made that egg, asparagus, mushroom and onion scramble tasty. 

However, I was more inspired by what transpired AFTER I finished eating. The loading and starting of our dishwasher. My first dishwasher. It was actually probably a bit too modern - it has snap-down rows and funny utensil separators. It was really hard to find places to put the bowls in - especially the flat bowls that are half plate, half bowl. The prongs holding up the plates are too close together to slide these things in, but sideways, the rows are too far apart to comfortably slip them in that way. It took a bit of arranging before I was able to fit in everything we needed - and it's not like we even have that much. mostly just 3 days of oatmeal plates. 

But considering that our sink is paint, dust and gunk splattered, it is nice to have the machine doing it for me. Ahh, technology.  

No comments:

Post a Comment