Today was Shashi's baby shower. I drove into the city, hung out with Katie and my goddaugher Thea for an hour, packed up the car with the decorations (I already had the "mocktail" ingredients), and headed to Shashi's friend Amita's. We spent a half hour setting up and decorating before the party guests arrived. I made a green juice concoction of lichi, white grape, limeade, sour apple mix, and fresh grapes - blended. It was actually pretty good.
The party was coed and very bustling. Amita had pulled together some fun traditional baby shower games (a quiz, a match up game) and one unconventional one - a beer chugging contest... through a baby bottle.
Over half of the Wesleyan girls were able to make it - in this picture: Katie (pregnant with twins!), Shashi (just one - a girl), Laura, me, Devon.
Afterwards, I headed over to Brooklyn for some more Wesleyan (and before) time. It was Alex's 32nd birthday. She and I have known each other since we were 7, went to different high schools, and then went to Wes together (happy surprise). She and I have friend overlap, but not necessarily exactly the same groups of people. So she's closer to some and I'm closer to others. And then there is a whole other crew of folks in her life that I've gotten to know over the years. So it was really fun.
And! I had 3 instances of successful on-the-street parking in the city - twice in manhattan and once in Brooklyn. no tickets! yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment