Stephen says I'm obsessed with the post office. He is consistently amazed at how often I mail things - gifts, thank you cards, letters. And I don't even do it that often compared to my family members (I still have a few wedding thank yous outstanding, and haven't even started christmas gifts yet). When I moved in, Stephen still had a bunch of $0.37 stamps. He was only vaguely aware that the price had gone up.
But he's right. I do love the post office. I love receiving letters and I do enjoy putting together a good package. So I didn't mind leaving work a little early today to drop off a bunch of packaged brochures that I'm mailing to brokers. The post office in Purchase isn't as grand as my old one in Manhattan (zip: 10001) that was 24 hours and had the automated postal kiosk. But the ladies are nice and the lines move quickly, so I can't complain.
No comments:
Post a Comment