Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feb 3: Voyeur

 
Today I did another new class at the gym as part of my Mission Possible program. Inner Strength is kind of like pilates and basic ballet had a baby. Tiny movements, barre work, and lots of sucking in your gut. I really enjoy the freedom that comes from being a MP "agent" - I am so much less self conscious than I would be if I just joined the class on my own. The instructors give a little extra attention and the other class takers are very encouraging. Although at one point Heather, the teacher, told me to get further into my squat, tuck tighter, and pick my heels up farther. I told her if I pick my heels up any more my legs start to shake uncontrollably. She said "Good! that's the feeling I'm going for." Yikes! I was sore immediately after class, and 12 hours later, I can feel the burn in my legs still. 

After class, I decided not to rush home because they were putting foam insulation in the garage and under the addition out back. That stuff smells strong. So I hung out and went to the club cafe for the first time (had oatmeal) and settled into the lounge to watch Stephen take his weekly tennis lesson. 

One of the ladies from the Inner Strength class, Anita, settled in next to me with a coffee, and we had a nice chat for the entire 60 minutes of Stephen's lesson. I really enjoyed the morning and got a sense of what life would be like if I was a woman of leisure. Which I am, to some extent, since work has been light this past week. Can't say I didn't enjoy it. It was almost meditative to watch the ball whiz back and forth over the net. Even Anita noticed how good Stephen is. I felt very proud to claim him as mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment