We finally cleaned our stuff out of my parents' basement. They were kind enough to receive all of our wedding registry gifts, since we were between houses when we got married. Plus, I had put a bunch of stuff in "storage" there when I moved to Brooklyn, knowing I'd be back some day to claim it for our house. I also had a lot of crap in there from business school - that stuff I donated to the food bank's tag sale. The only thing left to sort are the boxes of toys. Some day...
Everyone was quite worried about me driving the u-haul back by myself. Even though we didn't have that much stuff, we had no choice but to rent a truck as no carrier allows for one-way van rentals. I did just fine, though - and even enjoyed a grilled stuffed burrito from Taco Bell. The only thing I'll ever claim is actually good at that place (but, sadly, not the only thing I'll eat from there...)
No comments:
Post a Comment