I freaked out this morning. I freaked out and I deleted the blog. And then I told Stephen about it and he was a little bummed. and then I felt remorse. And I realized that - to paraphrase one of my favorite healthy-living gurus - "the blog was living me, instead of me living the blog". Or whatever.
Basically, I built it up to be too big and onerous in my mind. And what started as a fun project because we didn't have cable TV or anywhere to go in the beginning of January turned into this "oh crap, I need to post a picture" burden. And - as noted by the month-long delay - I couldn't bear to face it.
I'm reclaiming this blog.
Blogger lets you undelete a blog for up to 90 days. I waited about 3 hours. I'm going to make it mine and just have fun with it. So what if I don't post every day. And if I forget to take a picture one day - I'll just post one from another day that I like. And if I don't feel like putting a long written companion piece with it - so what? If I don't even feel like captioning it, I won't. And you will all just have to put up with it.
And hopefully you'll like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment