Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Feb 27: Review

 
I left Stephen to deal with the heat (or lack thereof) and I hopped a train to NYC to do a Broadway show review. First, I met up with my awesome high school friend, Liz. She and I have the same birthday - and although our lives take us in different directions at times, we always pick up exactly where we left off. We had a couple of hours to catch up, eat some great food, and then head over to The Circle in the Square theater to see The Miracle Worker. It's opening on 3/3, so my review won't be out until the 4th, but here's a sneak peek: I surprisingly loved it! 

I forgot to take a shot of me & Liz, but here is one of Grand Central before I boarded the train to head back to the 'burbs. I have so many memories of meeting up with Liz and Emily in Grand Central to head down to explore the village, go shopping and see shows. (We lived on different lines so unless we left together we had to meet up here) We started going in fairly regularly when we were about 15, which seems so young to me, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Liz's parents had an apartment in the city and her sister lived there, so she taught me the ways of the #6 subway to Astor Place. She always took us around with such confidence. Seems fitting that she would be the one I'd meet up with after taking the train in.

No comments:

Post a Comment