Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 3: Indoor Gardener

Between the both of us, our house plants had not seen new pots in years. It's just a really difficult task when you live in an apartment. 
Today, I finally motivated to get attractive pots and transfer them all over. I went to Michael's Garden Gate - the local plant store my mom used to take us to when we were kids. I was shocked at how small it is compared to my memory - but I know the reality is that *I* am just a lot bigger. It still has that same comforting floral, wet dirt smell. And the managers were very friendly and helpful.
Perhaps a little too helpful as I ended up with WAY more potting soil than I will ever use in the next decade. But at least I didn't run out! 

While Stephen was hanging out with Matt and Matt, I settled into the driveway and played round robin with the plants - moving them all up in size, trading some pots for new ones, and others just exchanging for the next already-owned size. With the exception of one plant, I got them all into attractive containers, which is a nice subtle touch for our new house. And it was fun to play in the dirt for a while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment