Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 1: Dresser

Unfortunately, the April Fool's joke was on my parents today, as they attempted to drive from NH to Rockville, MD to visit my Aunt and Uncle -- they hit rush hour at every city they passed on the way down. It should have taken them just under 4 hours to reach us - a little less than half way - but instead it was more like 6 hours. 

But, lucky for us, they persevered. They had in the back of their car the dresser I inherited from my great-grandmother (Nana) when she passed away at the age of 97 (I was 12). It now completes our guest room furniture collection. I added the old fashioned mirror I found in the parking lot behind my building when I was 20 and living in Boston for the summer. (The mirror I inexplicably love even though it has water damage and is old enough that the mirror part has a natural fog to it.) We just need to find another set of lamps for our bedroom, and then we'll move the other one in here - completing the room. yay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment